Wednesday, September 14, 2005




A Swingin' Affair!:
Sinatra on Capitol

capitol CDP 7 94518 2

This album was a follow-up to Songs For Swingin' Lovers and was recorded on November 15, 20, 26, 28, 1956. Once again Nelson Riddle provided exciting charts in his 'heartbeat' meter. His approach to those songs was to have the tempo imitate the beat of the heart as when taking a brisk walk.

Sixteen tracks were laid down including I Won't Dance, At Long Last Love, Night And Day and The Lonesome Road with one selection withheld from release. That tune was The Lady Is A Tramp which would wind up on the Pal Joey soundtrack album. A Swingin' Affair took up where Songs For Swingin' Lovers left off...and then some

It inspired turning up the car radio, lowering the windows and singing along at the top of your lungs as Sinatra and Riddle led the way down the road!

TRACKS:



  • 1. Night And Day (Cole Porter)

  • 2. I Wish I Were In Love Again (Richard Rodgers-Lorenz Hart)

  • 3. I Got Plenty O' Nuthin' (George Gershwin-Dubose Heyward-Ira Gershwin)

  • 4. I Guess I'll Have To Change My Plan (Arthur Schwartz-Howard Dietz)

  • 5. Nice Work If You Can Get It (George Gershwin-Ira Gershwin)

  • 6. Stars Fell On Alabama (Frank Perkins-Mitchell Parish)

  • 7. No One Ever Tells You (H.M. Atwood-Carroll Coates)

  • 8. I Won't Dance (Jerome Kern-Jimmy McHugh-Oscar Hammerstein II-Dorothy Fields)

  • 9. Lonesome Road (Nat Shilkret-Gene Austin)

  • 10. At Long Last Love (Cole Porter);

  • 11. You'd Be So Nice To Come Home To (Cole Porter)

  • 12. I Got It Bad and That Ain't Good (Duke Ellington-Irving Mills)

  • 13. From This Moment On (Cole Porter)

  • 14. If I Had You (Ted Shapiro-James Campbell-Reginald Connelly

  • 15. Oh! Look At Me Now (Joe Bushkin-John DeVries)

  • 16. The Lady Is A Tramp (Richard Rodgers-Lorenz Hart)

1 Comments:

Blogger arne said...

Why, I'd be proud to have you visit anytime. Just so you know...i'm doing this a big 3 days so I'm groping along trying to figure out what to do next like you will be. Thanks for the pix anyhow...it helps make the music better.
Arne

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home